Pine Plains Town Hall
3284 Route 199 Rear
PO Box 955
Pine Plains, NY 12567
Office Hours - Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Hours may vary, please call ahead)
Assessors on site Tuesdays 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Telephone/Voice Mail: 518-398-7193, Ext. 7.
Assessors: Jim Mara, Chair; Richard Diaz, Scott Chase
Mission Statement: To provide a fair and equitable tax roll.
This roll is used as the basis for all property and school tax bills, but the assessors do not set tax rates. Questions about town tax billings should be directed to the Receiver of Taxes at 518-398-7155, extension 211 and for school tax billings to 518-398-7181 x 400.
- No. of parcels - 1708
- Level of Assessment - 2014 is 100%
- Most recent town-wide re-valuation - 2014
- School District - Pine Plains Central School District
Dates to Remember:
- March 1 - Taxable Status Day & Deadline for filing all exemption applications & renewals
- May 1 - Tentative assessment roll filed annually
- 4th Tuesday in May - Grievance Day. The Board of Assessment Review meets to hear complaints about real property tax assessments.
- July 1 - Final roll filed annually & Valuation Day